News Programmes - RTHK
A A A
Temperature Humidity
News Archive Can search within past 12 months

News Programmes

Share this story facebook
Newswrap
Newswrap
Description:
Our main evening newscast. Weekdays 18:00 - 19:00.
Presenter:
RTHK Newsroom

2018-01-22
Newswrap

Now playing: 足本播放 Play full episode
Selected audio segments:
Teresa Cheng in no danger of losing job: analyst  Listenfacebook
Political analyst Chung Kim-wah says the latest revelations about more unauthorised structures at a second flat owned by Teresa Cheng is unlikely to cost the justice secretary her job. A late-night statement from Cheng on Sunday said there are three illegal alterations at her Repulse Bay flat – which she says were already there when she bought the property last year. Later, documents emerged revealing that Ms Cheng made the transaction as a first-time buyer even though she owns other flats through companies – saving her millions of dollars in stamp duty. But Dr Chung – an assistant professor from Polytechnic University's Department of Applied Social Sciences – told Annemarie Evans he thinks her job is still safe:
‘Government to blame for pan-dem confusion’  Listenfacebook
The organiser of the pro-democracy camp's primary for the upcoming Legco by-elections is blaming the government for the bloc's uncertainty over who to field in the March poll for a Kowloon West seat. First, rumours swirled that the primary winner, disqualified lawmaker Edward Yiu, will not be allowed to stand. Then, after more reports suggesting that some people in the camp don't want the runner-up, Frederick Fung, to run, the veteran politician announced that he too will pull out of the race to avoid splitting the pro-democracy camp. Cecil Wong asked political scientist Joseph Cheng – a co-founder of Power for Democracy, which organised the primary – when things started to go off the rails:
‘HK T20 Blitz could be watched by millions’  Listenfacebook
In Cricket... the Hong Kong T20 Blitz could reach new heights in viewership following the announcement of new broadcaster deals. The third edition of the tournament takes place at the Kowloon Cricket Club from Feb 6-11. Cecil Wong asked Max Abbott, Cricket Hong Kong’s Head of Major Tournaments, how big an audience the Blitz could have: