Student Concert Hall aims to enhance the pleasure of music-making among the younger generation and cultivate the interest in music appreciation in the general community. This programme has been organized partially in response to the spread of COVID-19.
We welcome both solos and groups. Here are some highlights:
1. This is a programme with student performers in mind. There is no age limit. All full-time students who have a HKID card and are studying in a recognised school or educational institute in Hong Kong or abroad can submit an application. Recent graduates in the 2019-20 academic year are also welcome.
2. We invite students to submit their performance clips to RTHK Radio 4 through the event’s webpage. Upload each of your performance clips to YouTube and set it as ‘unlisted’. Name the video title as ‘Name of composer/title of work/performer(s)’. Then copy the URL of the video and paste the link onto the electronic application form.
3. Clips submitted do not need to be current, old recordings are acceptable. We even take clips which have been shared on social media. Duration is flexible too. It can range from a single short piece, to a collection of pieces, or a multi-movement complete work. The maximum total duration for a submission is 35 minutes.
4. Applicants may play or sing works from the fine music repertoire. Western classical, jazz, Chinese or world music are all welcome.
5. Subsequent to adjudication, audio recordings of selected student artists will be broadcast in the Radio 4 programme series ‘Student Concert Hall’, and uploaded onto RTHK’s website. On top of music, sound bites from interviews of selected students may also appear in the programmes.
6. Application period: 2-30/11/2020
Enquiries: 2339 6425
* Each applicant may only submit ONE application.